This definitely calls for a celebration so whip out your griddles and try one of these five delicious and original pancake recipes for dinner tonight:
- Some might say Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes are the queen of the pancake kingdom. Kicked up with hints of citrus and almond, these are fluffy, sweet, and bursting with juicy berries. Add some bacon and you've got a meal fit for royalty. Plus troubleshooting tips and advice to make sure your pancakes come out perfect every time!
- Whole Wheat & Cinnamon Hotcakes are not only a great source of whole grains; they also rise up like no other pancake recipe I've ever made and are practically foolproof! Serve them up with a side of sauteed apple slices for a tasty Pancake Day treat.
- Orange Ricotta Pancakes give a whole new spin to the usual savory cheese. Combined with orange zest, stiffly beaten egg whites, and a minimal amount of flour, these pancakes puff up like little souffles and are sure to give your favorite cheese danish a run for her money. (These are my favorite!)
- Serve a crowd with this fluffy Dutch Baby Pancake topped with Cinnamon Orange Syrup. I call these "lazy pancakes" as all you have to do is pour the batter in a skillet and let the oven do the work. Finally! A pancake that the cook can enjoy with the rest of the family! ;)
- Or go international with a batch of delicious Danish filled pancakes known as Aebleskiver! My recipe for Cream Cheese Aebleskiver is delicious as breakfast or a snack. And if you don't like cream cheese, you can substitute jam, dulce de leche, applesauce, or any number of delicious fillings!
Happy Pancake Day, everyone!
New to Always Order Dessert? Consider subscribing to my RSS feed, follow me on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook, or sign up to receive my once-a-week e-mail updates by filling in your address in the box on the right. And if you ever need any entertaining or cooking advice, please don't hesitate to e-mail me. Thanks for reading!