Here's what comes inside the Be Mine Basket ($105 value):
Yup! Pretty amazing!• 22 piece Grand Valentine Chocolate Heart Assortment
• 6 piece Valentine Caramel Collection
• 5 piece Valentine Chocolate Truffles
• 6.5 oz Raspberry Hearts Gift Bag
• 3 oz Signature Triple Nut Milk Chocolate Bar
• 3 oz Peruvian Organic Cherry Dark Chocolate Bar
I first learned about Lake Champlain a few years ago from my church pastor. For Mother's Day, he ordered a bunch of chocolate hearts to give to every mom in the congregation, explaining that they were the BEST chocolates he'd ever had. My mom, who doesn't love chocolate (I get my sweet tooth from my dad), passed hers on to me and I had to agree that they were pretty awesome indeed.
A couple years later, I came across them again in a small gift shop up in Vermont, where the company is based. This time, I purchased a few different Vermont-inspired flavors--ya know...for research purposes.
I brought them on the 6-hour ride from Vermont to New York to share with Eugene, but for some reason there were none left by the time our bus rolled into the city.
(I suppose six hours on a bumpy bus will do that to a girl.)
Which is why I very much encourage you to support high quality, family-owned businesses like Lake Champlain and the others that I've featured here on my site. (Check out the story of how the company was founded--love things that begin with a dare!)
To enter this Valentine's Day basket giveaway, leave a comment telling me one thing you are thankful for today.
You can get extra entries by doing any of the following and leaving a separate comment for each one you did. If you don't leave a separate comment, it's just going to count as one entry so LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT. You can leave up to 5 comments (entries) total.
1. Like" Always Order Dessert on Facebook. Already a fan? Leave a comment on the page to say hello, then comment here to say you did.
2. Post about this giveaway on your own personal or fan page Facebook wall, tagging my FB page, then comment here to say you did.
3. Post the following message or a similar one in your own words on Twitter: "Giveaway! Comment to win a HUGE basket of chocolate treats from @nandita & @LCChocolates: http://bit.ly/WQ62jd"
(then comment here to say you did)
4. "Pin" an Always Order Dessert recipe or DIY post of your choice on Pinterest and then comment here to say you did.The winner will be selected via Random Number Generator. Your entry must be in by 5PM EST on Thursday, January 31, 2013. US residents only, please.