At Christmas time, he goes through his desk and office, pulling out random things he's received in gift bags and events. Not the good stuff, mind you.
He then proceeds to fill our family's stockings with this crap, and sits back and laughs and takes pictures when we sit pulling out one piece of garbage after another.
A little Mod Podge and glitter later, and I'd created a cute pair of sparkly sunglasses!
Here's how you can make your own:
1. Super Cheap Sunglasses--I used the free ones I got from my dad, but you can also find cheap ones at stores like Target, Old Navy, or Payless.
2. Mod Podge--I use the Original Mod Podge in Gloss, but you can use matte if you prefer.
3. Fine Glitter--I use the Martha Stewart Glitter Multipack, which has a range of gorgeous colors at a great price...after buying this I had to stop myself from putting glitter on everything! For this project I used the Rose Gold shade. (Whatever brand you choose, use a fine glitter as the bigger "elementary school" type glitter is too rough for this project.)
4. Clear Nail Polish (optional)
5. A small paintbrush
3. Let dry completely for at least 2 hours. (Be sure to leave them open so that the wet arms don't stick to each other.)
Your new glitter sunglasses are now ready to wear!
Love Always Order Dessert? Let's connect! Follow me on Twitter or Pinterest, become a fan on Facebook, or sign up to receive my once-a-week e-mail updates. And if you ever need any entertaining or cooking advice, please don't hesitate to e-mail me. Thanks for reading!