That's what I had in mind when I set out this veggie board for a party I hosted this past weekend.
In my head, I just wanted to throw a bunch of beautiful vegetables on the table and let people go for it.
I used my marble pastry slab as a base because it's big, but honestly, I think next time I might just go ahead and throw everything out right onto the table itself. Some parchment paper would work, too, or you can just pile multiple boards and trays so that they overlap. Basically you just want to start out with a big space.
Then you have fun!
- Rainbow carrots (peeled with part of the stems still attached)
- Big fat slices of bell peppers in shades of red, orange, and yellow (no green!)
- Trimmed and lightly blanched haricot vert
- Fat red radishes, quartered to reveal that perfect white inside
- Multicolored cherry tomatoes
- Crisp cucumber cut into thick sticks
And the dips!
I put out hummus--I cheated and got some at the store that I thinned with a bit of lemon juice and topped with a drizzle of olive oil and sesame seeds.
And this yummy green dip that I call my Awesome Sauce. It's an anchovy and herb aioli that's creamy and packed with salty, tangy, umami flavor. It's awesome with the vegetables and a little different than the usual ranch, etc.
But, like I always say, do your own thing! Prefer ranch? Go with that. No wrong way here...
Want more party ideas? I love this Tapas Date Night Party for 2 or this Sunny Citrus-Themed Brunch. Oh and these DIY Crostini would be amazing with the veggie board, too!